Have you always wanted to visit the magical Kingdom of Bhutan? Many years ago I had the good fortune to be welcomed into the home of a Bhutanese family for an extended stay in the capital city of Thimphu. It turned out they were close friends of the Royal Family and in due course, a series of wonderful and amazing experiences unfolded.
These led me to a cherished friendship and deep connection with one of the most highly regarded, officially reincarnated, monks of Bhutan – His Eminence Rimpoche Jamgoen Truelku – and as such, the 300 year-old Sewala Monastery he is responsible for. High on the mountain’s of Punakha, this is the home to 98 young monks of the Buddhist faith.
Our 5 – 12 April 2023 group trip will help provide much-needed financial support to this monastery and the important community work that this young Rimpoche embraces…as we practice Meditation, Qigong, and spend time with the monks in the magical Himalayan Mountains…
“Thank you for making this phenomenal experience available to my wife and myself. These are life-changing milestones for us & we continue to grow physically, mentally & spiritually. Can’t express the impact of how the last two year’s of travels with you have impacted us. We are committed to helping Sewala Monastery with the modest means we have through donations and by coming on these trips with you.”
Respectfully, DC Las Vegas, NV, USA
Each day of this amazing all-inclusive journey is filled with unique experiences from experiencing the most famous Bhutanese Festival of the year to staying overnight at the Sewala Monastery with Rimpoche and the young monks. We will practice Qigong and meditation in some of the most ancient and amazing spots of this mystical Kingdom high in the Himalayan foothills including the magical Tiger’s Nest Monastery.
(Click on the Curriculum link above to see the daily descriptions for this unique journey)
The full, 8-day itinerary is available via email only, so please click here to contact us to receive this exciting daily overview of what we promise will be a trip of your lifetime. Note that this trip originates in Bangkok and the price is ALL-INCLUSIVE for all Bhutan food, lodging, classes, hot-stone bath, Bhutan Visa, Bhutan government fees, and a generous donation to the Sewala Monastery. It also includes all in-country transportation as well as the roundtrip airfare from Bangkok, Thailand (where the group meets) to Paro, Bhutan and back.
Remember that since this trip is organized by the non-profit CommunityAwake organization, 60% of the trip price is tax-deductible for you according to the IRS.
Please know that there are only 10 spots available for this amazing journey as we keep these trips small in size so that we can visit places that large, commercial group trip companies can’t go… plus we have Rimpoche traveling with us and trust me, his presence and the respect he has all the way up to the Royal Family is legend. All proceeds go to support Rimpoche and the Sewala Monastery and the Wuji Mountain Sanctuary project where we will be hosting Rimpoche and his closest monks when they visit the U.S.
Learn more about Rimpoche and Sewala Monastery by clicking here
- Lessons 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes
The amazing daily itinerary for the Bhutan Trip 2023
These are short descriptions of each day. A full daily itinerary with images is available via email.
- Day One – Arrival into Paro, Bhutan from Bangkok. Visits to the Dzong Temple with Rimpoche as our guide… Home stay with a Bhutanese family
- Day Two – The incredible Tshecha Spring Festival with cultural dancing performances and healing ceremony. Stay in the capital city, Thimphu
- Day Three – Visit the Docula Pass at 10,000 ft and Divine Madman’s Temple… Stay the night at Sewala Monastery with 98 young monks
- Day Four – Another day at Sewala in deep Buddhist ceremonies led by Rimpoche… Qigong on the mountaintop… Hot stone bath
- Day Five – Visit Punakha Dzong… return to Thimphu to see the legendary Takin and spectacular temples
- Day Six – Meditation at the Giant Gold Buddha with dharma talks from the Abbot… Visit Zilhukha nunnery for prayer… Walk Thimphu
- Day Seven – Stay ax 5-star luxury resort… Hike to the Tiger’s Nest Monastery with Rimpoche for meditation and ceremony
- Day Eight – Morning Qigong at the resort… relax at spa… Depart to the airport