submitted by: admin on 08/02/2017
After years of training at the gym and doing outdoor sports, Ambikha discovered yoga in 2002. This was the beginning of a journey where she could finally find a way to access the true inner peace she had been searching for. Yoga has led her to discover that the true Self is a gem within us that shines brighter as we deepen our practice on a daily basis. Yoga also helps her to cultivate a deeper consciousness of her breath, body, mind, personal interactions and use of the Earth's resources. To Ambikha, Yoga is a way to see things as they really are and a tool to experience pure love, peace and contentment.
Ambikha's first Ashtanga teacher was David Swenson, one of the authorities that brought Yoga to the west and he inspired her to find her truest and purest intention of why she practices yoga. He once reminded her that if a practitioner decides to make Yoga a lifelong journey, it should then be approached with ease and treated as a joyous event every time we step on the mat. Ambikha is also very thankful to have studied with her Gururgi Sharath Jois Director and Lineage holder of Traditional Astanga Yoga in Mysore, India. He has taught Ambikha that in order to be a good teacher you must first be a good student, and honor the Yoga Tradition. Ambikha feels deeply blessed to have studied with her meditation teacher Dada Dharma Vedananda of Ananda Marga (Path of Bliss) School of Tantra in Anna Nagar, India were she was initiated with meditation techniques where she can then used for her daily practice combine with her Asana practice, karma Yoga and Kirtan (Yoga music.)
Ambikha also feels deeply grateful for the opportunity to study at the Sivananda Ashram in Kerala, India with the blessings of her Guruji Swami Vishnu Devananda where she lived and study in the Ashram for an intense one year where she got initiated with her spiritual name AMBIKHA DEVI (meaning the mother, another name for Durga or Parvati consort of God Shiva). Immediately after her intense training at the ashram, she was awarded by Guru Parampara Yoga Sirowani (Jewel of Yoga Teaching). While staying in the Ashram, she became deeply involved in Karma Yoga and Bhakti yoga, a form of selfless devotion of all inner and outer activities as an offering to the Divine. Karma Yoga teaches Ambikha the practice of non-attachment to the results of the work, by simply doing the work as a service to Humanity and the Creator. She firmly believes on the path of Yoga, it is our responsibility to do service to our community and people in need, without asking for anything in return, while keeping a good intention and remain focus to the Divine as an offering of the service.
This experience has led Ambikha to be inspired and founded her non-profit NGO in the Philippines ONE BLOCK FOR BATUG to help people in areas affected by disasters and calamities. Her NGO also aim to rebuild schools and houses, bring healthcare support to the affected areas nature calamities, and to provide disaster preparedness training. She’s also passionate on bringing Yoga to these little villages in the Philippines and to promote Yoga as part of the curriculum to be taught to the kids and the youth as part of their Physical Exercises. She has been working closely with the Department of Education and Philippine Government in different Municipalities and Provinces to promote Health and Well being through Yoga and Self Awareness.
Ambikha enjoys teaching Ashtanga, Hatha, Yin and Yoga Therapy, Hot Yoga, Prenatal yoga, Kids yoga and Meditation classes. She provides loving support for her students so they too can experience the gifts that Yoga has to offer. She also understands the resonance of working with energy and body meridians as a tool to help herself and her students to go deeper into their practice and use their practice to heal themselves in different areas of their lives.
She also facilitates other healing modalities that use guidance of conscious breathing, meditative dance, bodywork, and Transomatic Trance dialogue - a therapeutic modalities that focuses on memories and emotion that leads to transformation.
Ambikha is always grateful for the path of Yoga; because it has open her up to so many modalities for healing that support her transformative growth. She believes that at the end everything is coming from the same place, we are only taking a different path to achieve self-realization and peace.
With her partner Francesco Garri Garripoli, Ambikha offers instruction in workshops and on Study & Healing Trips around the world. Click here to learn more
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree In Yogic Science at Manonmaniam Sundarar University, Tamil Nadu India 2012-2015
• 200-hr Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Greenpath Yoga School Boracay Philippines Philippines 2011
• KPJAYI Ashtanga Yoga Institute, Mysore India 2013 & 2014/2015/2016
• Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training, Kerala India 2013 she receives Certificate of Yoga Siromani (Jewel of Yoga)
• Sivananda Yoga Sadhana Intensive Rudraprayag, Himalayas Nov 2014
• 40-hr Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training David Swenson, Pure Yoga Hong Kong 2013
• 40 Hr Hot Yoga Training Pure Yoga HK 2015
• Inner Dance Facilitator, inner Dance Energy School Maia Earth Village Palawan Philippines 2013
• Level 1 Holistic and Raw Food Chef Pure Joy Academy Bali, Ubud Indonesia 2013
• 200-hr Breath of Bliss Facilitator Breath of Bliss Academy Bali Ubud Indonesia 2013
• 100-hr Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda Massage, Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre Chennai India 2011
• 200-hr Advance Hatha Yoga Teachers Training, Asana Andiappan College of Yoga and Research Centre Chennai India 2011
• 200 Hrs of Wellness and Naturopathy Training, Ananda Marga Yoga and Wellness Cebu City Philippines 2015
• 200 Hr Level 1-5 Clarity Breath work Feb-March 2015 Guanacaste Costa Rica 2017
• 50 hrs of Initiation of Practice and Rituals of the Priestess Path Priestess School Ibiza Spain 2017
• 200 hrs of Traditional Thai massage in Sunshine International Massage School Chiangmai Thailand 2015
• 100 hrs of Chi Ne Sang Belly Massage Chiangmai Bodywork Chiangmai Thailand 2016
• 100 Hrs of Transomatic Ayurveda Healing Massage, Mumuksha School for Healing and Transformation, Mysore India 2015
• Past Life Therapist, Mumuksha School for Healing and Transformation 2016
• Dance Mandala Facilitator- School for Meditative Movement in Stillness, Chiangmai Thailand 2016
• Transomatic Trance Training-Therapeutic Modalities,
The International Academy of Transomatic-Akashic Therapeutics Greece 2017
16 Library Pages
7 Blog posts
2 Blog comments